Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Monday, July 1, 2013

Reflections from Katie

It all started when I found out we were going to Beth El for our mission trip. At first I was upset because I really enjoyed South Dakota, but I decided to keep an open mind and try a new experience. The week started with a bilingual church service. This was super cool because I have grown up praising God a traditional way. However, this church service was energetic and everyone participated in it. It was an amazing experience. Then later in the week we made personal hygiene packages and we participated in a food drive. When helping with the food drive we were able to see the people who we were directly helping. The personal hygiene packages went to people in the community and farm workers. Furthermore, this mission trip really opened my eyes and taught me to appreciate everything I have and to never take anything for granted.
Throughout the time spent at Beth El my faith grew. The most prevalent and biggest influence was when we went to the youth group at Beth El. During the youth group I really connected with God in a powerful way. I felt like many of my prayers have been answered. My faith was restored and strengthened because of this experience. Also I am so thankful for this experience and knowledge that Beth El gave me. Therefore, I would highly recommend the youth at Second Presbyterian to try their best to go on this mission trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment