Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Reflections from Ali

When I heard that our youth group would be venturing to Wimauma, Florida this year I was excited but also a little nervous. The months flew by since the announcement of the trip and quickly it was the day we would be departing for Florida! We arrived in Beth-El with open minds and hearts. There was plenty of work to keep us busy during the week and I especially loved getting to make the toiletry kits for the migrant workers. We really worked as a team while making the kits and I loved the feeling of accomplishment when we were done. When we got to deliver the kits to the workers, they were very appreciative and thankful. I learned a lot about the worker’s daily lives and their working conditions. I realized how truly blessed I am to have all of the things I would normally take for granted like toiletries, food, and shelter. I will never waste a fruit or vegetable again because now I know the hard work and dedication that goes into putting that fruit or vegetable on my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment