Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Monday, July 1, 2013

Reflections from Ben

The Beth el trip this year was definitely not one to be forgotten. Having had an amazing experience in South Dakota last year, I was hesitant at first to the idea of going somewhere new. I went into this trip not knowing what to expect, and somewhat doubtful of the outcomes matching South Dakota. Though the week started a bit slow, my premonitions soon disappeared. I began to once again see the beauty of God's actions through charity and work. Though the scorching sun was trying at times, I think I can speak for the rest of the team when I say the presence of The Lord was definitely apparent. We began to bond more and more over the week, making memories as we served such a loving, good hearted, and struggling community. I learned so much about farm worker life and about struggles that I really had never thought about before. I was enlightened by this experience and my relationship with God was once again greatly strengthened. I made so many new friendships on this trip, and the ones I already had were strengthened. I would do this again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment