Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Reflections from Elwyn

My trip with Second Presbyterian Church to the Beth-El farmworker mission was fantastic! As some may know I am no longer attending 2PC because I live in northern Virginia. Because of this, it makes these trips all the more special. It's great to reconnect with old friends. It is amazing how close you can get to people in just a few days when the glue holding you together is fellowship and God's love. I enjoyed working at the mission and helping the farmworkers. It educated me about their tough conditions.
It makes me look at fruit differently realizing that a person works hard to pick that fruit to give their own family food. I enjoyed meeting Elizabeth and seeing how she interacts with the 2PC youth. I truly believe that she will go on to do great things at this wonderful church. I'd like to thank everyone involved in making this trip possible, and for allowing my sister and I to still go on these trips. These trips and the people involved are truly a blessing to myself and my faith journey. God bless Second Presbyterian Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment