Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Monday, July 1, 2013

Reflections from Kyra

The Florida mission trip was a really great experience. I thought that the tasks that we were given and completed were great. It was cool that we could really see that we were making a difference in the large work load that Beth-El had on its hands. As a group we all got along very well and were flexible in our scheduling, which made everything much easier to handle. Not only did we get to help in whatever ways they needed us, we learned so much about the lives of migrant farm workers.
It is always quite interesting to see how other people live, especially those who are so different from ourselves and work so hard for everything they have. Seeing this gave me a much deeper appreciation for all that I have just been given, even with seemingly small things like a full belly, a nice bed to myself, and a sturdy roof over my head. It was a very unique experience that not many people can experience, especially that we were able to visit an already harvested watermelon farm to put an image with the words we were being told. It was definitely a successful trip in order to help, which I had expected, and to learn, which I would not have guessed that I would have done so much of.

No comments:

Post a Comment