Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Reflections from Meg

This year's mission trip to Beth-El was extremely eye-opening, and I had an amazing time, as I grew closer to God, the people on the trip, and learned lots about the migrant farm working community. Never before had I understand how laborious and hard the work is for the farm workers. I have a completely new appreciation and view on the fruits and vegetables in the grocery store and on my kitchen table. The talks from Sister Sarah, Xavier, Rosalva, Dave, and Ramiro made a huge impact on me, as I realized how hard the conditions are for the farm workers and I learned the harsh realities for those crossing the border and making a living in America. On the first full day at Beth-El it was so amazing to see the praise and faith this community had in God, during the Father's Day church service and fiesta afterwards. Additionally, playing with the children was fun and heartwarming. As the week continued, I really enjoyed being able to participate in helping with this community. Giving out food at the food bank was also hugely eye-opening, as it made me realize how many of the people within the Wimauma community were in need of everyday necessities. Another incredible experience on this trip for me was participating in the youth group at Beth-El. Their youth group leader, Keisha, gave an incredible sermon to us, and I loved singing songs and worshipping with them. This mission trip was so amazing, and I have made so many memories. The work we did daily and nightly devotionals were so special. I also had so much fun bonding with this youth group as we did the mission work together, took daily trips to the "Tienda Mexicana," and experienced God's power throughout this trip. This trip really opened my eyes and made me realize how blessed I am. I grew so much closer with God on this trip, as we did the mission work and experienced the Beth-El community. I feel so blessed to be able to make and impact on this community, and the community and experience I had at Beth-El made a huge impact on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment