Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Reflections from Olivia

This was my first mission trip and it was a very eye-opening experience. I really enjoyed getting to know everyone on this trip a lot and getting to help all of the migrant workers in Beth-El. One of my favorite experiences from this trip was getting to help with the Sunday School class and interacting with the kids. We got to learn about the kids’ life and all the things that they had to go through every day. We played a lot of the kids’ favorite games and we taught them some new games that we had fun playing.
It was fun seeing them act shy with us at the beginning of the day and then as the day progressed have them open up to us. Later at the Father’s Day Fiesta, a lot of the kids from the Sunday School class came up to us to say hi while we were waiting in line for the food. Another experience I enjoyed was getting to talk to some on the adults at the fiesta. At the Fiesta, I sat with a woman who didn’t speak much English but she still tried to communicate with us. I really enjoyed this experience and the impact it has had on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment