Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Reflections from Olivia

In the weeks leading up to our Beth-El mission trip, I had absolutely no idea what to expect. I had never had the opportunity to participate in any of the trips previous to this one due to other conflicts. I can now say that the day I chose to sign up for this adventure was one of the best decisions of my life. During the trip I become closer than I could have imagined to the most incredible, caring, and inspirational people I have ever had the fortune of knowing. During our stay, my eyes were opened to a whole new community that I previously never knew existed. I now have a whole new appreciation for the work that goes into the orange that I like to eat for breakfast or the big, red tomato on my dinner salad. In addition, I cannot even begin to describe the awe I felt toward the people I met in Wimauma. I will treasure the conversations I had with these people about everything, from their everyday lives to their faith in God, until I die. Their openness about their hardships and their faith that God would help them was unbelievable. I want to thank 2nd Presbyterian, Beth-El, and the people of Wimauma for giving me the most enriching experience I have ever been a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment