Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Monday, July 7, 2014

Ali's reflection

I always look forward to this trip because every year brings new memories and relationships! This years trip to Wimauma, FL was extra special because I got to share the experience with my mother! Even though our group was smaller this year it didn't change how much fun we had together! We all grew closer to each other and to God! I had so much fun with the work projects which included, clearing out an attic, learning to drywall, helping with the weekly food pantry, making food bags, and washing various vehicles! I also enjoyed hearing Sister Sarah speak to us again about the migrant farm worker's lives and work! It re-opened my eyes to what I learned last year and reminded me again to always be grateful! It's always heart breaking to hear the truth about their conditions, but at the same time it was good for us all to hear! I will never look at the produce section in the grocery store the same again. I will be forever thankful for all of the time, work, and sacrifice each migrant worker puts in for me to have fresh fruit and veggies! I wish everyone could come on this wonderful trip and get to experience the amazing Beth-El community! It is hard to grasp that we won't be returning next year, but for the time we were there it is comforting to know we made an impact in someone's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment