Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Austin's reflection

This was the first year that I have gone on the Beth El mission trip. I got to meet so many new people and got to know people from our church. I learned how to do new things. It was a fascinating experience where I got to meet and learn about migrant farm workers. It’s always a blessing to know that you are helping people that need your help. I would like to thank the church for their prayers for our mission team. I would also like to thank Elizabeth for setting up this mission trip to Florida. I would like to thank our whole group for helping me feel comfortable on my first mission trip. I also appreciated Hank and Jeff playing basketball with us! I would also like to thank the Beth El staff for helping me and teaching us new things. This mission trip has brought me closer to people in our church. I’ve also gotten to know the adult advisors that went on the mission trip. I also made new friends within the group. The games that we played always brought some laughs! Being with this group makes me want to go on more mission trips in the future. This mission trip has taught me, and this group, so many things such as dry walling, weed eating, and so many more “life skills” that we all can use in our everyday lives. We also learned how to shower in an outdoor shower house, which is a memorable part of the trip! We even learned how to cook pizzas without an oven! We also learned about the migrant farm workers and many of their hardships in their everyday work. Javier reminded us that everything we do is needed, even taking out the trash! This has been the best mission trip I have been on. I hope to go on many more. Seeing people’s smiling faces, gives you the best feeling, knowing that you made their day by giving them food and items from the thrift store. Helping others is a life lesson that everyone needs and I believe it’s what God wants us to do. I would like to thank everyone that made this trip possible. Thank you for all the blessings and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment