Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Caroline's reflection

Well, I’ve gone on yet another mission trip. For some reason the fact that I was leaving hadn’t hit me till I was already on the bus. It was weird, while I was excited, something had changed, this was my first real mission trip or any long trip for that matter with my sister Alex. I guess that might have affected the build up to the day we left. But it turned out it really had no affect on me once we left. This trip was a whirlwind of excitement and many new experiences, anyone need any dry wall done. We had such a small group this year that so many things were different. This is the smallest group I’ve been with for a mission trip, but, surprisingly, I found the small group worked much better everyone actually had something to do all day. Working was the best part, time flew between breakfast and lunch before we knew it, it was time to start winding down and get ready for dinner. It’s so hard to remember all that we did because the week flew by, but what I’ll remember most would be the bonds that grew between us. Many of us, six of the ten kids, were already pretty close but on this trip that bond grew to be so much more. Whether it was playing cards; hey 14, Ali and I will take you any day in kemps, or just relaxing before bed and sharing stories about our lives we just spent so much time together. And even the newbies, they eventually began to be comfortable approaching us, which is an accomplishment because we are all pretty crazy people. So even though it was a very new experience so many memories were made that the trip was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment