Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ema's reflection

This year’s trip to Beth-El was one of the most valuable experiences I have ever had with 2nd Pres Youth Group. Although I had been introduced to the harsh realities of migrant workers’ lives on this trip last year, it’s easy to let those concerns take the backseat when you come home and life gets hectic. This trip reminded me of the innumerable things I should be grateful for and how often I take them for granted. Every day at Beth-El I was amazed by the cheerfulness and generosity of people whose lives are much harder than ours. I’m also very grateful I got to spend time with such a wonderful group of people. It’s nice to be reminded that when I go off to college this fall I’ll be able to come home to an incredible church family. Plus, since my dad was on the trip, I got to share a special experience with him before I go to school. I’ll always remember this trip as a fun, eye-opening week and an important part of my faith journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment