Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Lily's reflection

This mission trip taught me a lot about being grateful. During the trip we helped out at Beth-El's food pantry. We sorted food, handed it out, and helped people carry it to their cars. Even when we couldn't understand each other, they were so thankful. This really made me think about everything I have and how I should be more grateful. I am also thankful that I got to know people in my church better. I got to meet people I wouldn't ordinarily talk to. During the trip a lady came to talk to us about farmworkers' lives. She told us about which produce is picked by people, what working in a field is like and the dangers of farm work. Before this I didn't know how difficult and dangerous farm work was. One of the big projects we worked on was cleaning out and dry walling rooms. Before this experience I knew nothing about construction, drywall or drilling. I thought that drywall was like styrofoam and easy to cut. I can tell you now that it is not. However, plastering over the screws and edges is fun. This trip was lots of fun and it taught me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment