Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Meg's reflection

This year’s mission trip to Beth-El was truly amazing. Our group this year worked so well together, and I loved being able to get to know everyone better and bond throughout the week. I was again reminded of how hard this migrant farmworker community works just so we can slice up fruit so easily for our everyday meals. I loved being able to interact with the community during the weekly food drive. In addition to practicing a little Spanish, I was so touched by how appreciative they were for just carrying food to their cars. When attending the Beth-El Tuesday night church service, even when I could not understand all of the Spanish, I could see and feel how strong the faith within Beth-El was. I am so glad I was able to worship with them. Even when we were doing less interactive tasks like cleaning out rooms or organizing items, it was good to feel that we were doing something, even if it seemed small, for this amazing mission, which reaches out and helps such hardworking people. I also enjoyed learning how to put up dry wall, even though I was definitely not so good at it! I feel so blessed to have been able to go on this mission trip and experience the amazing people at Beth-El.

No comments:

Post a Comment